Warehouse Operator - 2nd shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brunswick, ME 04011
Molnlycke Health Care is a world leading manufacturer of wound care and single-use surgical products. Molnlycke Health Care is one of the most respected professional health care brands in the world, and we are particularly known for our unique, high quality range of products and patented technologies that allow patients to live better lives and help health care professionals efficiently treat more patients with better care.
The Warehouse and Shipping Operator is responsible for all shipping and receiving duties and to maintain and organize the inventory and warehouse space in an efficient, organized, and safe fashion meeting ISO and FDA regulations.
- Receive incoming raw material shipments per company policy. Accurately review and complete all appropriate paperwork and documentation. Label and put raw materials in warehouse storage location specified by SAP.
- Receive misc. shipments from UPS/Fed Ex/USPS and deliver packages to recipients(s) and confirm accuracy.
- Prepare outgoing shipments and confirm shipment accuracy by coordinating with production, inventory control and QA.
- Inspect all hazardous waste storage areas and complete appropriate documentation as required. Assist with Hazardous waste removal process as needed.
- Participate in weekly support inventory checks to ensure common materials are kept in stock. Communicate any findings to Purchasing for ordering.
- Coordinate removal of recyclable waste material(s) as needed, i.e. used paper and film.
- Participate in physical inventory as scheduled.
- Assist with stocking and re-stocking of production, post-production, and packaging areas with raw materials as needed promoting FIFO processes.
- Put away excess raw materials and WIP in SAP designated areas of the warehouse.
- Recommend modifications to work instructions and/or procedures as necessary.
- Recommend improvements in workplace safety, use of equipment to improve quality, increase efficiencies, and improvement in production methods as necessary.
- Update quality and production records as required.
- Analyze and resolve work related problems with the assistance of Purchasing Manager.
- Responsible for the safe operation of assigned tasks.
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining a clean work area.
- Participate in implementing continuous improvement activities, including ISO 9001, ISO13485, and FDA requirements.
- Responsible for performing daily equipment inspections and maintenance tasks as required.
- Complete any additional tasks as required by supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet job performance measures with minimal direct supervision and guidance.
- Ability to train personnel to constantly improve the good-quality output of the production processes preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or other related fields preferred.
- Experience in similar environment a plus.
Molnlycke Health Care offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance, dental insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts, 401(K) Plan with company match, profit sharing contribution, discretionary annual bonus, holidays and PTO program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
It is the policy of Molnlycke Health Care, in accordance with all applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.