Lead Analyst- Real Estate - 576314901
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
The candidate will lead and perform the activities related to the acquisition of Right of Ways or other rights as easements or purchase of land in fee as part Networks and Operations projects. These initiatives would be majority related to transmission lines, distribution or substations.
• Collaborate with Business areas within AVANGRID in developing project scope, schedule, budget and forecast, deliverables and milestones referred to acquisition of real estate rights.
• Leading role and oversight for contracted land staff assigned to his/her projects, serving as liaison between contracted land staff and AVANGRID Business areas.
• Negotiate the acquisition of right-of-way and other real property interests as necessary, to accommodate the construction, operation and maintenance of assets after construction.
• Assists in preparation of right-of-way related cost estimates associated with land and easement acquisitions. This includes costs for permanent & temporary right-of-way.
• Sell, lease, exchange or transfer real property rights, including but not limited to easement, fee, access rights and permits.
• Continuously monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; identify opportunities for improvement.
• Enforcement of the Companies existing rights, title or interest by actively identifying and working to resolve encroachments, damage claims, landowner complaints and other inquiries at a effectively and efficiently.
Skills and Requirements
• Skills in understanding real estate concepts, in review title reports to determine ownership, coordinates escrows, and assists in the preparation of property descriptions.
• Manage Real Estate databases
• Skills in methods of estimating costs of land and real property acquisitions
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations. Real estate law and appraisal techniques
• Clear, concise written and oral communications
• Acquisition and management of property or right-of- way.
• Project management tools and techniques. Capital planning abilities.
• Expense and accrual forecasts and planning for Operating and Capital Budgets
• Utility network assets (e.g. transmission lines, substations etc.)
• Ability to interpret and research (abstract) legal documents (e.g. federal, state, municipal and private records).
• Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Google Earth, SAP
• Should be open to traveling for assignments.
• Bachelor degree in Real Estate, Surveying, Engineering, IT or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, of which 2 years that include experience working on Electrical, Oil & Gas Pipelines or other Utility projects.
• Knowledge of Real Estate strategy gained through education and/or experience
• Any professional licenses preferred, but not required.
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com
Nearest Major Market: Waterville
Nearest Secondary Market: Augusta Maine