Sr. Project Manager, Intelligent Process Automatio
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
*As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.*
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
What will I be responsible for in this job? (brief summary of the role)
The IPA/RPA Sr. Project Manager will work in the IPA Center of Excellence (COE) for enterprise wide strategic initiatives at Change Healthcare. The responsibilities of this role range from enterprise wide cross functional resource oversight to operations transformation through process re engineering and automation to improve revenue and margins
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of robotic and intelligent automation solutions; understanding business challenges and integrating capabilities such as RPA, machine learning, NLP, and intelligent assistants to create seamless solutions
- Oversee the implementation of IPA in all areas of the business including functional areas such as Finance & Accounting, Revenue Cycle, IT, Claims Processing, and Human Resources,
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize key areas of the business where IPA, RPA, ML, ICR, OCR, and NLP can drive significant business benefit
- Guide teams to identify automation candidates and review associated business cases for opportunities
- Review and develop team collateral (e.g., Business Cases, CoE playbooks, process design documents, test strategies and plans) to ensure quality of content and presentation
- Coordinate with technical teams to manage performance and operational issues during implementations
- Accountable for ensuring that the projects or programs adhere to delivery best practices and principles
- Play a key role on the leadership team by building service delivery models and providing thought leadership
What are the minimum requirements?
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with leading & managing projects that include expertise in Intelligent Automation technologies, evaluation, architecture/design, and/or build
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in any one of the following Intelligent automation areas – Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Intelligent Process Automation (IPA – IA), Virtual Agents, machine-based process automation and other related technologies
- Experience in the Health Care Industry a plus, preferably Order to Cash (RCM), Procure to Pay, or Claims Processing
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent Project Management certification (e.g. Certified Project Management Practitioner, International Project Management Association) highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Financial acuity and ability to manage project financials
- Build strong and lasting business relationships
- Developing financial models and business cases
- Communicating and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- Contributing subject matter specializing in Healthcare Administration, Shared Services, Outsourcing, IPA/RPA to back office and operational areas
- Help solve complex business issues from strategy to execution
- Working with a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience
- Applying strong analytical skills with the ability to utilize a hypothesis-based approach
- Managing teams and complex work streams and directly engaging with senior level executives
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Lean Management or Six Sigma certification desired(Black Belt, a plus)
- Analyzing and applying industry trends
How much should I expect to travel?
- Ability to travel up to 25% within the continental US
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.