Clinical Nursing Assistant II - Pre/Post Operative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
- Under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurses and according to defined policies and procedures, performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Participates in continuing education relative to role as defined.
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by the State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry, having completed a six-week or equivalent course.
- Experience: Seeking at least 1 year of CNA experience, preferrably in a hospital setting
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to follow oral or written instructions and complete standard forms.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors, and Maine Medical Center employees.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 128020
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.