Psych Tech - Adult Inpatient Unit
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
Are you looking for a job where YOU can make a DIFFERENCE in people s lives* Where YOUR voice and ideas MATTER* Are you interested in a career in healthcare or gaining invaluable experience while going to school* IF SO, PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING THE MAINEHEALTH TEAM AT SPRING HARBOR HOSPITAL!
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS!*
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIANS are INTEGRAL and HIGHLY VALUED members of our multidisciplinary team who work with medical staff, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and other team members providing exceptional care to adults, adolescent and children with behavioral health conditions. SPRING HARBOR HOSPITAL offers an extensive orientation to the role of Psychiatric Tech including classroom instruction, online courses and unit-based observation.
As a PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN, you will:
- Contribute to the achievement of quality care and positive patient outcomes.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic milieu.
- Provide emotional support.
- Encourage patient participation in programming.
- Facilitate activities and provide supervision.
- Reinforce desired behaviors.
- Offer redirection and early intervention to maintain a safe environment for all.
MAINEHEALTH ALSO OFFERS ALL ELIGIBLE TEAM MEMBERS A GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING PAID TIME OFF, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION INSURANCE, EMPLOYER 403B CONTRIBUTIONS, AND SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS):
- High School diploma and equivalent experience preferred
- Bachelor s degree in Psychology or Social Services preferred
- Demonstrates a proficiency in all aspects at the entry level position
- Must be able to annually demonstrate competency in seclusion and restraint training.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 128108
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.