Programmer Analyst II - Lab Systems
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Job LocationsUS-CT-Farmington | US-ME-Bar Harbor
Programmer Analyst II – Lab Systems
The Jackson Laboratory (http://www.jax.org) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution internationally recognized for its research excellence and world-class faculty, who perform leading-edge research in the fields of human genomics and mouse genetics. At JAX, our Information Technology is as exciting and progressive as our cutting-edge science. Join our Research IT team to help plan, design, and launch efficient systems in support of scientific research.
The Jackson Laboratory is seeking a Programmer/Analyst with solid experience in designing, implementing, and supporting research systems used across several dozen laboratories at multiple sites in the organization. The ideal candidate will work as part of a value-stream aligned Agile team to define, create, and adapt research data structures, and define systems integrations to meet the rapidly growing and highly integrated needs of laboratory service groups.
- Lead evolutionary design based on product roadmap requirements, standard patterns for consistent user experience and enterprise data modeling, and consistent configuration patterns to deliver effective business value.
- Recommend and prototype solution options based on requirements to provide effective user experience while minimizing technical debt and administrative overhead.
- Champion continuous improvement and a learning culture in personal work, the team’s work, the platform landscape, and user experience.
- Research and evaluate new products and services for applicability to in-house needs. Stay current with new trends and emerging information technologies and informatics tools; advocate for and lead the adoption of these technologies at JAX.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required and a minimum of three years of work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the development and support of applications with medium to major complexity and cross-functional scope.
- Demonstrated ability to lead design sessions with decision makers, other Scrum Team members, system owners and end users.
- Demonstrated ability to convert designs into user-accepted solutions through teamwork.
- Proficiency in system engineering processes; business process, requirements, analysis and related modeling tools, standards, and assigned application domain areas.
- Sustained experience demonstrating Agile values and using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to write and maintain streamlined, effective technical and program documentation.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholder teams to analyze and recommend functional optimizations and solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both technical and functional.)
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN) or Scientific Data Management Systems (SDMS) preferred.
The Jackson Laboratory, (JAX, ) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 2,000 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. JAX has a mammalian genetics headquarters in Bar Harbor, Maine; JAXWest; a facility in Sacramento, CA, and The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM); a new genomic medicine facility in Farmington, CT that is enabling the Laboratory to translate its fundamental science into the clinic. In addition to its National Cancer Center Institute-designated Cancer Center, the Laboratory also has initiated a cancer research laboratory in Seoul, Korea.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement. JAX offers an MBA program, a fitness center with an award winning wellness program, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.