Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: * A House Manager in the Patient Care Services -
Acts as the Patient Care leadership representative under the direction
of the Director of Rehab, Therapies and Patient Care Services to plan,
implement, and evaluate patient care, flow and services. Facilitates
patient care activities collaboratively with Hospitalist Services &
Medical Providers. Proactively coordinates admissions and transfer
placements with Admitting Office to accommodate maximum census and
optimal services. Is aware and able to resource all patient care
Policies & Procedures, as well as Directives. Is knowledgeable and
proficiently serves a clinical resource for questions regarding best
practices in patient care. Assists with clinical procedures, as
needed. Advises Executive Leadership Team of relevant patient care or
facility issues. Conducts just-in-time education through case
discussions and chart review with clinical staff and/or managers.
Maintains current knowledge of Joint Commission standards and state
licensure requirements to direct/assist clinical staff in the care of
patients toward quality outcomes. He/she must be adequately prepared by
experience and training to care for cases ranging in acuity from
non-urgent to life threatening and from minor injuries to major trauma.
He/she must demonstrate an ability to cope with extreme emergency
situations while displaying calm, and demonstrate a recognition of the
value and dignity of the individual without regard to the nature of the
illness/injury or the circumstances leading to same.
QUALIFICATIONS: * Maine RN License or license eligible. *5 years
of varied nursing experience*; Critical Care background preferred.
Must be adaptable, organized, an effective communicator, demonstrated
clinical knowledge and skill.
1. Triage patients according to established guidelines.
2. Assess patients physical and psychosocial needs and implement a plan
of care to address the needs.
3. Transcribe/implement physician orders in a timely and efficient
4. Assess patient/significant other education needs and provide
instruction as appropriate.
5. Participate in department quality improvement activities.
6. Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs.
7. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development.
8. Support Risk Management and Infection Control P&Ps.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the TAMC
organizational and Nursing Services Strategic Plans.
10. Maintain a safe environment for healthcare workers, patients, and/or
visitors complying with NLH policies and procedures; review, document
and address all incidents and safety violations within area of
responsibility; report all lost time due to reported work injuries
within 24 hours to local HR BP or Safety contact; support and facilitate
open and non-punitive communication among NLH employees, non-employed
healthcare workers, patients and visitors, reporting and addressing
patient and environmental safety concerns.
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
1. Current Maine Registered Nurse License.
1. Must be available for nights, weekends and holiday shift assignments.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing
2. Successful completion of orientation program for specific area
3. Successful completion of AR Gould certification programs as required
by employment assignment
4. Certificate in CPR, ACLS (NRP and PALS recommended)
5. Excellent interpersonal skills; consistently demonstrates Standards
6. Basic computer skills preferred