SITTER - AHC (MARS HILL)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mars Hill, ME 04758
The sitter is an employee of Aroostook Health Center. Under the
supervision of an RN, the sitter provides direct observation of a
patient at risk for safety. The incumbent performs duties in accordance
with performance standards established for the job. The incumbent is
responsible for participation in and completion of all patient safety
initiatives appropriate to the position. In addition, incumbent conducts
all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of
Aroostook Health Center.
1. Follows instructions from RN for patient observation.
2. Stays with patient at all times, keeping the patient in full view
at all times, and remains alert and observes patient during their
3. Arranges coverage for patient when needs to leave room.
4. Notifies the RN of any change in patient’s condition, intentions,
or if verbalizes intent to hurt self or others..
5. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
6. Demonstrates respect and dignity of patient.
7. Assists the patient with meal tray set up (opening cartons,
removing lids, etc.).
8. Monitors patient safety.
9. Utilizes respectful verbal cues to elicit patient cooperation.
10. Participates in general conversation or other distraction
activities if desired by patient.
11. Ensures all personal care items are within patient reach.
12. Maintains clean and organized appearance of patient room.
1. Works cooperatively with all nursing staff and ancillary care
workers attending to patient.
Variable work schedule requires day, evening, and night work as well as
weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Minimum of High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Experience in hospital setting preferred.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and understand specific
instructions is required.
4. Knowledge of safe body mechanics and the environment of the
hospital are required.
5. Sufficient interpersonal skills to interact with staff and
patients are required.