Salesforce Technical Architect (remote work)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04102
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network?
The Salesforce Technical Architect will work 100% remotely from a home-office located anywhere in the USA.
The Salesforce Technical Architect is part of the Salesforce COE team and is a trusted advisor for Business and IT teams working with Salesforce. The individual leverages their 10+ years of Salesforce experience to ensure the Salesforce COE team is optimizing the platform with solutions that delight our customers while adhering to Salesforce standards and best practices as well as ARC security and auditing standards and best practices. The Architect will communicate skillfully with Business stakeholders to help them articulate their strategic goals, minimizing focus on incremental enhancements, and will design a transformative technology strategy to meet them.
- Drive architecture and ensure solutions are secure, scalable, maintainable and high-performance.
- Author detailed design and technical specifications documents.
- Produce business process flow and requirements documentation.
- Design technical architecture solutions that span multiple platforms and include integration and authentication across systems.
- Create and maintain technology strategy and roadmaps for various business areas.
- Ensure implementations adhere to Salesforce best practices and standards.
- Optimize data and Salesforce org integration strategies.
- Provide guidance on deploying apps and other customizations.
- Minimize architectural complexity.
- Review feature designs from team-mates and collaborate to optimize designs.
- Learn the ARC Salesforce technology stack in order to assess and recommend opportunities for automations and/or process improvements.
- Collaborate with the Enterprize Architecture team to ensure seamless solutions and efficiency for the organization.
- Leverage thorough knowledge of Salesforce Products especially Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Communities to explain capabilities and limitations to business and IT stakeholders.
- Implement complex solutions using Force.com APEX, Visual Force, .NET and Java.
- Develop high-level estimates by analyzing business cases and viable design solutions
- Identify and drive issues through closure
- Identify potential risks and suggest remediation controls
- Required Skills & Knowledge
- R&D knowledge and product management expertise
- Agile workflows and processes
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce platform
- Understanding of web services, ETLs and other technologies that can be used to transport data in an enterprise environment and interact with Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated leadership skills as well as excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality
- Ability to pro-actively communicate technical topics in a clear, succinct, and relevant way
- Strong knowledge of UI enablement in Salesforce.com including Lightning UI
- Experience developing business process flows and soliciting business requirements
- At least 10 years overall experience with Salesforce.com
- At least 7 years of experience implementing solutions in Salesforce (Admin/Developer), with at least 4 as a structured programmer/developer.
- At least 3 years of experience as a technical, program or implementation architect.
- Proven results leading Enterprise Salesforce implementation with over 1200 users, integrated with enterprise applications such as Oracle, Team Approach, Data Warehouse.
- Proven results leading at least 1 complex data migration into Salesforce.com
- Strong technical foundation: advanced structured programming, relational database concepts and structures, structured system analysis and design methods, etc.
- Advanced Configuration on Salesforce platform experience, Security / Permissions Management experience
- Demonstrated successful implementation of Batch Apex and/or Schedule Apex development.
- Experienced in defining systems strategy and requirements, designing and prototyping, planning testing, and supporting training efforts
- Experience leading a transformation from Classic to Lightning is a plus.
Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
Salesforce Certified Advanced Developer
Salesforce Certified Technical Architect
Salesforce Certified Consultant is a plus
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout
chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response
organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.