Disability Claims Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
The Disability Claims Specialist (DCS) on the Complex team will be responsible for handling a claim block of complex disability claims.
The DCS is accountable for ensuring optimal claims handling and timely, accurate decisions. In addition, the role requires but is not limited to the following skills:
• Displays behaviors of engagement and problem solving on a consistent basis resulting in the team’s increased efficiency and high quality claims management for the benefit of the overall customer experience.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate, dependable, and trustworthy service to our customers.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others to improved effectiveness through coaching, feedback, and problem solving.
• Collaborates effectively across team and organization to elevate performance across functions.
• A strong customer focus evidenced through maintaining customer relationships.
• Project participation and/or management at the team and organizational level in accordance with our strategic imperatives.
• Minimum of 5+ years experience in direct LTD disability claim management and 2-3 years experience in complex LTD claim management
• Exceptional claim/risk management skills and technical knowledge in contract interpretation and administration
• Demonstrated success at coaching others to elevate performance
• Demonstrated leadership skills in other position or similar position
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Success in achieving Individual Development goals, and influence other’s in achieving development goals
• Goal oriented with an ability to organize and analyze information
• Strong critical thinking skills, communication, organization and time management skills
• Proven customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing needs of an organization
• PC skills required (i.e., Windows based environment; Word; Excel; PowerPoint)
• College degree preferred