Disability Claims Specialist LTD
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
The Disability Claims Specialist provides the highest level of technical support for our Long Term Disability (LTD) claim team as an expert in all aspects of LTD claim management. Demonstrates an intimate understanding of all aspects of LTD claim management/adjudication. Assists in the development and coordination of training for the team (compliance, legal, medical, risk management systems, etc). Works with the team to address challenges relating to contract interpretation, procedures, complex claim assistance and or direction. Acts as a liaison to the legal department and underwriting department on complex issues. May be called upon to help the submission of requests for proposals and presentations. Tracks office measurements to ensure goals are met.
Number of Positions: 2
• 1 Position for Core LTD
• 1 Position for Mature Claim Team
Location: Portland– onsite at location preferred. Remote work arrangement can be considered.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in disability claim management required
• Superior communication, organization, risk management and time management skills required
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Able to demonstrate conceptual thinking, risk management, and to handle complex claim situations effectively
• Able to demonstrate superior technical knowledge in contract interpretation and administration
• Excellent customer service skills proven through internal and external customer interactions
• Coaching experience with staff; enabling excellence in customer service and claims management while demonstrating role model behaviors
• Able to partner with various areas of Group Insurance
• Goal oriented with an ability to identify and implement process improvements and to organize and analyze information to ensure objectives are met