Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to oversee all in-store aspects of the GC Lessons business, supervising lessons instructors, managing curriculum taught to students, driving lessons and rehearsal packages sales, as well as maintaining the lesson and rehearsal facility.
- Increase the student count within the lesson program by driving and maintaining sales andpromotional programs
- Sell rehearsal space
- Communicate with parents and students, ensuring an overall positive experience
- Provide guidance to instructors, their schedules (both teaching and non-teaching schedule), and students by coordinating lessons schedules with availability of the instructors.
- Maintain and increase curriculum sales
- Ensure systems are functioning properly
- Maintain the lesson and rehearsal schedules for the facility
- Additional duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- Associate’s Degree (or 2 years of equivalent work experience)
- 3 year of relevant work experience in musical instruction (admin, retail non-instruction, etc.)
- Analytical Skills: Able to analyze data and information to better understand the business and make informed and timely decisions. Able to evaluate and solve problems effectively using general math as necessary.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Delegation: Able to delegate both routine and significant tasks and decisions. Assesses employees’ readiness and ability, and assigns tasks that are appropriate to their skill level. Follows up as needed and share both responsibility and accountability.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Interested in learning about the entire business.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fastpaced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner. Able to protect assets and people by learning and implementing protocols and complying with guidelines.
- Performance Management: Able to lead, manage, and mentor others, ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Able to lead by example and develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides effective positive and constructive feedback.
- Project Management: Able to execute project plans that align with organizational objectives. Coordinates groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and follows through to track progress and ensure timely completion.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail/studio systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The team leader level is characterized by the supervision, coordination and planning of the activities of team members, at least three of whom must be from the same job class. However, management tasks must not comprise more than 50% of the job’s duties.
Sitting required 45% of the time. Standing required 25% of the time. Walking required 20% of the time. Lifting and climbing required 5% of the time, respectively. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
- Ability to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.