Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to ensure a great experience for all customers and students, by selling
lesson and rehearsal packages, assisting customers with questions, and providing tours of the
- Increase the student count within the lesson program by maintaining professional instruction, professional appearance to encourage student retention and student / parent recommendations.
- Sell lesson packages and rehearsal space (where applicable) to prospective students
- Maintain curriculum sales information
- Provide a positive experience for students by accommodating the Lessons pacing to the student’s needs and providing positive reinforcement.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level; zero years of relevant work experience required
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers and students in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Creates excitement around the customer’s experience in the Lessons department.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.