Customer Service Manager - N
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to manage all sales and margin generating activities of the sales
associates within a store, ensuring that the sales floor is properly set and that the staff is properly
engaged to provide a great customer experience.
Achieving sales, margin, and EBITDA targets for the store
Main holder of “The Mic”
Proper scheduling of the sales floor with appropriate staff levels
Create a great customer experience, including any customer service issues, ensuring the sales floor is clean, organized, and ready for the customers
Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to all associates, manage completion of and timeliness on all GCU activities, plus annual performance reviews
Communicating with the Store Manager and Operations Manager
Assist the Operations team with large merchandising projects, including the execution of all in-store promotions
Take part in the interview process for all candidates that apply to the store. Onboard and train newly hired sales associates
Opening and closing of the store
Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- Associate’s Degree (or 3 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in
- Valid state driver’s license and automotive insurance
- 3 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience)
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Skilled knowledge of Musical Instruments sold within Guitar Center (Guitars, Drums, Tech, etc.)
- Analytical Skills: Able to analyze data and information to better understand the business and make informed and timely decisions. Able to evaluate and solve problems effectively.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Delegation: Able to delegate both routine and significant tasks and decisions. Assesses employees’ readiness and ability, and assigns tasks that are appropriate to their skill level. Follows up as needed and share both responsibility and accountability.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Interested in learning about the entire business.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written andverbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fastpaced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner. Able to protect assets and people by learning and implementing protocols and complying with guidelines.
- Performance Management: Able to lead, manage, and mentor others. Able to lead by example and develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides effective positive and constructive feedback.
- Project Management: Able to execute project plans that align with organizational objectives. Coordinates groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and follows through to track progress and ensure timely completion.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The team leader level is characterized by the supervision, coordination and planning of the activities of team members, at least three of whom must be from the same job class. However, management tasks must not comprise more than 50% of the job’s duties.
Walking and standing required 25% of the time, respectively. Lifting required 15% of the time. Climbing and Bending/Squatting required 10% of the time, respectively. Sitting required 5% of the time. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
Up to 5% domestic travel required to attend meetings and trainings. Travel is primarily required by car (but, at times, by plane) with overnight stays 1-2 days.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.