Digital Design Lead - Civil Infrastructure
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Digital Design Lead – Civil Infrastructure
Digital Design Lead – Civil Infrastructure (156994)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The primary duty of the Digital Design Lead for Civil Infrastructure is to lead the corporate Applied Technology Office’s Infrastructure BIM initiatives providing direction for successful implementation of digital design on HDR design projects to its clients. This lead will oversee a Digital Design Civil Infrastructure Steering Committee, made up of representatives of various business groups, to develop strategies and initiatives for driving BIM implementation throughout HDR including BIM standards, content development/management, file management, and BIM execution plan templates. Further, this position will work closely with leadership of the Business Groups to both prioritize needs and actively promote digital design solutions across HDR’s civil infrastructure projects globally for project types including transportation (roads, rail, bridges), civil works, utility systems, and site design. This position will work collaboratively with the business group Directors of Professional Services, ITG and the Business Application Managers to prioritize implementation of BIM best practices and evaluation of new software and/or processes.
- Responsibilities – This position will serve as a focal point for the Applied Technology Office to deliver BIM for Civil Infrastructure planning, design and delivery to our Clients. This position will oversee the Digital Design for Civil Infrastructure Steering Committee working closely with business group leadership to develop production focused approach for consistent delivery for HDR’s civil infrastructure clients.
- Project Delivery Expertise – Candidates will be expected to have current project delivery expertise in the use of applicable Digital Design tools used to deliver infrastructure civil designs.
- Reporting – This position will report to the Applied Technology Office Director which is part of corporate Professional Services.
- BIM Thought Leadership – This position will represent and/or promote HDR’s BIM for Infrastructure thought leadership. The lead will work closely with HDR and industry thought leaders to promote new solutions. When training is required this position will assist in coordinating the proper training for staff. This position will also be expected to monitor BIM tool usage and capabilities within HDR.
- Marketing and Business Development – This position will assist and advise in the development of HDR’s global BIM capabilities with the ultimate goal of positioning HDR as a leader in the field. Additional duties include supporting recruiting and staff development along with assisting business groups on key pursuits.
Location and Travel
The geographic location of this position is non-specific; however, a location with significant HDR presence is preferred. Travel will be required with average annual travel expectation of 30-40% of time.
This position requires the following skills, attributes and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science related discipline, such as Civil Engineering, or similar related degrees is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in leading programs associated with BIM.
- Expert level understanding of industry infrastructure software such as: Bentley Systems products (including InRoads) and Autodesk products (including Civil3D).
- A strong understanding of HDR business groups and market sectors.
- Experienced in the use of Industry Standards focused on BIM
- Experienced with industry associations and maintains a visible profile in the Civil Engineering markets.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with client managers, technical directors, business group directors and operations staff.
- Be willing to travel (predominately domestic) up to 40% of their time.
- Demonstrated commitment to HDR values and an attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.