Program Administrator, Student & Postdoctoral Affa
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Job LocationsUS-ME-Bar Harbor | US-CT-Farmington
Program Administrator, Student & Postdoctoral Affairs
Education and Education Support
Do you want to support the next generation of scientists? Are you excited about diversifying the face of biomedical research? We invite you to join the highly collaborative Genomic Education team in a dynamic role as Program Administrator for our on-campus education and training programs.
Help our fantastic community of students and early-career researchers thrive during their experience at JAX. Help us broaden our reach regionally, nationally, and internationally to recruit new audiences to our transformative programs.
- Develop and implement programs that contribute to student retention and improve the student’s and/or postdoc’s personal and professional experience while enrolled in JAX GE supported programs. Build and sustain a strong Student and Postdoctoral Affairs program that will support each participant’s environmental, social, and personal well-being and needs.
- Develop and coordinate outreach processes to expand and improve the participation of diverse student-scientists in JAX Genomic Education programs. Build strong, collaborative relationships with counterpart programs and departments at institutions of higher education. Maintain and share student demographic data necessary to fulfill federal grant requirements and understand internal and external diversity trends in biomedicine.
- Identify and implement strategies to strengthen effective mentoring practices across all training programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 + years additional experience in higher education, student affairs, or counseling with a focus on diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to advance diversity and inclusion and a working understanding of current issues and trends in the area of diversity and inclusion in research and higher education settings.
- Experience developing and using a variety of evaluation and assessment tools, and analysis of evaluation data to support program design.
- Outstanding communicator with a proven ability to be diplomatic and persuasive in a collegial setting
- Possess a high level of individual initiative and drive; ability to manage time efficiently; strong problem-solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with empathy and discretion.
- Effective communication skills and professional demeanor while conducting relationships with individuals representing all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume!
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.