Experienced Field Engineer - Turbine Controls (Mar
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out
The Controls TFA manages controls activities on site during the Installation & Commissioning and Maintenance of heavy duty gas and steam turbines (generator or mechanical drive). Responsible for reviewing plant engineering documents and P&ID’s, troubleshooting of plant systems and equipment, planning, organizing, integrating and direction of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
- Actively manage controls activities on site during Installation & Commissioning and Maintenance of heavy duty gas and steam, including but not limited to oversight of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnostics on gas turbine and auxiliary systems
- Plan, organize, integrate, and direct labor and tool and material allocation
- Understand PLC ladder logic, including basic understanding of how to navigate through ladder rungs while troubleshooting
- Read and interpret electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams
- Ensure the correct installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and maintenance practices are followed
- Provide general knowledge of turbine instrumentation calibration, including various types of transmitters
- Provide technical expertise to customers, service support, field technicians and operators
- Provide timely and accurate internal and external reports
- Ensure contractual obligations are met
- Attend technical meetings with Customers
- Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental, health, and safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
- Provide expert consultation on complex projects
- Provide customers with technical direction and support on Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) packaged products
- Overall responsibility of the management of site activities including planning, organizing, integrating and directing of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or 7 years of experience without formal degree, in power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance, or power plant equipment installation/ commissioning.
- Successful completion of required training programs is a minimum requirement.
- Demonstrated progressive, responsible experience with various types of turbine generator equipment and site accountabilities is required.
- Experienced level. Has the knowledge and skill to oversee outage management within a competency and may posses expertise in a secondary competency. Demonstrates mentor and team lead skills.
- Experience with Gas Turbine Driver Control Systems and Auxiliary Systems
- Experience on MarkVI, Mark Vie, Mark V controls systems, preferable
- Ability to understand and implement controls software
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Strong analytic, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to work independently
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law