Laborer - CIPP Installation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fairfield, ME 04937
Building a career at Granite Inliner may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite Inliner, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
The Field CIPP Laborer is a support person for field construction activities directly related to the cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) method of waste water and sanitation pipeline repair.
- Manual labor tasks such as lifting, carrying, dragging, or pulling material
- Following all safety practices
- Use of hand tools
- Equipment driving and operation
- Travel to out of town locations
- Entry into manholes and underground structures
- Pump watch and operation
- Completion of required paperwork
Position Qualifications Requirements/Preferences
- Must have a good work ethic
- Ability to understand and follow directions in English
- Must perform tasks in a safe and quality manner
- Ability to obtain a DOT medical card and CDL with required endorsements within 90 days of employment
- Must possess a driving record that meets requirements to be qualified to drive Company equipment
- Must be able to travel and be out of town for extended periods of time
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with a small team (crew)
- Must be able to stand most of the day and walk on uneven ground, lift 50 lbs. or more, climb and work within confined spaces
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions and work overtime when required
- Position requires working with chemicals and hand tools, including cutting devices
- Must be able to install pipe plugs on sanitary, storm, and process pipelines in potentially wet environments
Granite Construction is an AA/EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and a Drug-Free Workplace