Transmission Engineer II (Electric Utility)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
Overview: TRC Power Delivery offers a full range of design and planning services for virtually any transmission or communication line project. With transmission line experience, up to 500kV, and ongoing fiber-optic communication projects completed nationwide, TRC Power Delivery is adept at handling any linear project.
Job Function: Will function as a Transmission Engineer on assigned projects of varying complexity. Position will be responsible for new lines, relocations, upgrades and fiber optic attachment.
Job duties: Design or assist in the design of various transmission and distribution line projects. Activities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Preliminary design and budgetary estimate for projects ranging from 115kV to 500kV to include planning and design for new lines, relocations, upgrades and fiber optic attachment.
- Develop material lists in Excel spreadsheets
- Develop structure framing structure details, to include specifying all parts, hardware, insulators and grounding details for different pole materials, such as steel, round wood or laminated wood.
- Be familiar with environmental and licensing processes and how to coordinate issues in the transmission line design process.
- Site new transmission line and be able to coordinate and asses the impacts of real estate, licensing and environmental constraints on the overall engineering process.
- Develop project schedule that incorporates all facets of design, client reviews, licensing and all other activities for successful project completion
- Develop plan & profile drawings under your direction.
- Develop a complete design package that incorporates all necessary details for construction, such as work lists, construction staking table, stringing sag charts, etc.
- Develop material and construction specifications
- Engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of equipment and systems.
- Coordinating equipment delivery and design engineering to meet construction schedules.
- Assist in checking completed job for adequacy of design and documentation.
- Monitor the construction of transmission line project to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Activities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
a) Act as Resident Engineer on projects of any magnitude.
b) Safety and Security — Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
c) Interpret complex plans and specifications and apply available information to ensure that all project design requirements are satisfied.
d) Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes and ensure compliance with all codes.
e) Assist in preparation and/or monitoring of complex construction schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
f) Assist in on-site design or investigation work to ensure adequacy of contractor’s methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Civil/Structural Engineering, or related
- 1 – 3 years experience within electrical transmission line design engineering field
- EIT, with the ability to be certified as a professional engineer as soon as eligible.
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated initiative and ability to lead. Attention to detail.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled