Medical Social Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04102
Medical Social Worker (19011973)
What You Will Do
Provides social worker assessment and treatment; assisting patients and families in the patient’s place of residence as prescribed by a Physician. The Social Worker assists the patient and family with health related financial, social and emotional concerns and assists with effective coping skills.
- Provides Social Work Services in accordance with thePhysician’s plan of care.
- Demonstrates competency in the skills required by the carecenter.
- Performs accurate and comprehensive assessments.
- Ensures that changes in the patient’s clinical status arecommunicated to other healthcare team members and the care center office staffin a timely manner (documented communication in the patient’s record).
- Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician,patient/ family, other healthcare team members to facilitate optimal patientoutcomes.
- Provides medical social work interventions and treatmentbased on an ongoing patient assessment/ reassessment and in accordance withPhysician orders.
- Educates the patient and family members and other teammembers on medical social work interventions and treatment plan.
- Performs care planning, transfer and discharge functions inaccordance with care center policy and applicable laws, regulations andstandards.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences/ patientcare conferences in accordance with care center policy.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient careprogress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies. Submitsaccurate and timely documentation per care center policy.
- Identifies risks or threats to the patient’s health in thepatient’s environment and promptly implements appropriate interventions toreduce risks. Communicates identification of risks/ threats to the patient tothe Physician and other members of the healthcare team to coordinate careeffectively.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources, identifyingappropriate resources to meet patient and family needs to facilitate optimaloutcomes.
- Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
- Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Complies with the care center’s policies.
- Participates in the agency’s Quality Assessment PerformanceImprovement Program and activities.
- Participates in in-service programs and provides educationalin-service programs to agency staff as requested.
- Holds a Master’s or Doctoral degree from a school of socialwork accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; and
- Has 1 (one) year of social work experience in a health caresetting.
- Meets state and federal requirements for this position.
- Current CPR certification
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.