Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
POSTED ON BEHALF OF NORTHEAST PAVING
Under general direction of Lead Mechanic, Equipment Operations Manager and/or Local Management, the Field Mechanic will perform general mechanical work in repair and maintenance of diversified automotive and construction equipment on one or more projects. Employee repairs and services vehicles and other motorized equipment on a project site and in the field. Performs related work as required.
Responsible to support all equipment maintenance operations on a project to include:
- Actively participates in our Safety 1st
- Demonstrates safety 1st attitude
- Identifies and turns in near miss reports
- Speaks up when sees unsafe act
- Ensure all local laws, regulations, Eurovia rules and Group policies are in compliance.
- Understands and obeys all DOT regulations as it pertains to mechanic truck operation
- Has passed certified basic mechanics skills testing.
- Performs routine and advanced maintenance on a variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs DOT brake repairs on commercial vehicles.
- Repair power train components such as engine, transmission, differentials, PTO systems, transfer cases, hydraulic motors and pumps and all other auxiliary drive components.
- Inspects and troubleshoots starting and charging systems.
- Diagnose suspension system problems such as vehicle alignment, springs and chassis mounting systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical components such as gauges, sending units, relays, lighting systems and solenoids.
- Inspect, repair and or replace track suspension systems and components, such as rails, bushings, idlers, and sprocket segments, rollers and track shoes.
- Maintains a clean work area, sweeps floors, removes oil and grease spills and performs other general custodial work, as required.
- Maintains assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Maintains personal tools and company owned tools.
- Accurately completes all associated forms such as inspection records, time sheets, and work orders
- Demonstrates team attitude, and works to attain individual, division and company goals
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Mechanic. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management, fellow employees and Owner. A minimum of three (3) years of experience is required. Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record required.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Mechanic to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and, at times, as much as 90 pounds, as may be assigned.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Physical dexterity involving stretching, proper placement of legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of being certified to enter confined spaces, including climbing into and out of excavations up to 15 feet in depth, using ladders or crawling, as required.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Mechanic encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that are typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. – Hubbard Construction Company – Northeast Paving – Sunmount Paving – Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at*Blythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company*: Phone: 407-645-5500*Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC*:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.