Home Health RN Clinical Liaison
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
I believe that the care we give can make every moment count.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients expect from us. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
As a RN Clinical Liaison, you will:
- Increase admissions within assigned accounts, meet or exceed targets.
- Develop/maintain contact with key hospital, skilled nursing, assisted living facility discharge planning services and/or management to provide ongoing updates on Company’s services available in a market.
- Promote exemplary customer service to physicians, facility personnel, client and client family at all times.
- Primarily conduct facility visits at the physicians’ request to assist program clinical team in determining eligibility.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with program staff and other field sales resources via weekly meetings. Actively participate in weekly program business development meetings, bringing relevant data, reports, as well as information regarding changes within accounts and referral sources.
- Assist program in timely processing of physician orders as directed.
- Work collaboratively with Hospice Division counterparts as applicable, representing the Company’s comprehensive home health and hospice deliverables.
- Follow up on all referrals within their facilities not admitted to the program.
- Follow up on live discharges related to their facilities.
- Abide by all operational compliance with internal controls and reporting.
- Provide education and/or continuing education programs for referral sources within guidelines of facility and company policy. Utilize appropriate company resources to maintain and develop business opportunities. Maintain market awareness and prepare competitive updates.
- Actively participate with program in development of business and market growth plans.
- Maintain positive relationships with referral sources, facilitate communication between referral sources, client and family populations within assigned accounts, and attend professional organization meetings as approved. Maintain and follow patients in the facility and monitoring status.
- Assist the program as needed with informational visits.
- Nursing degree or the equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Registered Nurse Licensure required in state of practice.
- A minimum of three years clinical experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of governmental regulations, Medicare eligibility requirements, comprehensive understanding of potential care plan needs for the patient and coordination of necessary resources.
- Strong knowledge of the facility protocols and industry regulations is required.
- Excellent customer service, account development capabilities, organization, time management, problem-solving, communication and selling skills required.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Has the ability to appropriately represent company service capabilities and value to assigned referral source audience, patients and families.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.