STAFF RN - REHAB - TAMC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
A Staff Nurse in Acute Rehab Services is responsible for applying the
nursing process in providing nursing care to all patients presenting to
the unit. S/he must be adequately prepared by experience and training
to care for cases ranging in acuity from non-urgent to life
threatening. S/he must demonstrate an ability to cope with emergency
situations while remaining calm, and demonstrate recognition of the
value and dignity of the individual. S/he must understand or have a
desire to learn the fundamentals of Rehabilitation Nursing.
1. Provide direct patient care in a calm and effective
2. Assess, reassess, plan and evaluate the patient’s
plan of care to include physical and psychosocial needs and update
3. Transcribe/implement physician orders in a timely
and efficient manner.
4. Assess patient/significant other educational needs
and provide instruction as appropriate.
5. Participate in department performance improvement
6. Comply with mandated hospital and department
7. Accept responsibility for professional growth and
8. Support Risk Management and Infection Control
9. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and
objectives of the TAMC organization. Practice and encourage Service
10. Age specific standards: The individual in this position
must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span of the patient. In addition, he/she must possess the
ability to assess patient data relative to age specific needs and
provide care as described in the department’s policies.
11. Excellent documentation skills with the ability to
learn and incorporate FIM charting.
12. Demonstrate proficiency with patient transfers.
13. Demonstrate an understanding of adaptive equipment and
how it is used.
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: *
1. *Current Maine Registered Nurse license
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS: *
1. Variable work schedule requires day, evening, and night work, as
well as weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. A current valid RN license
2. BLS Certification
3. Ability to multi task and prioritize.
4. Skilled in the use of routine emergency equipment.
5. Good interpersonal skills.
6. Basic computer skills.