UX/ FED Intern, Summer 2020
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
UX/ FED Intern, Summer 2020
The UX Researcher will work directly with product managers and UX designers to create amazing products to support public safety applications by understanding users, competition and the market. You will aid in designing research plans that investigate the design questions and hypotheses you developed in collaboration with your team and others. By identifying key insights and design opportunities and presenting them in a compelling form, you will inspire changes at every stage of product development. Using your research strategies and design recommendations, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the design of Tyler Technologies products used daily by people working in state and local governments, as well as the citizens they serve.
Troy, Michigan and Yarmouth, Maine
- Help translate design questions into research plans that produce insight and inspiration for product strategy and product design.
- Work with designers to create prototypes to investigate essential research questions through client-facing usability testing.
- Analyze and represent research findings such that the team has a clearer understanding of the key design problems on which to focus.
- Help craft personas, experience maps, and other visuals as needed to represent insights about users, market, and competition identified during research activities.
- Work closely with other designers and project teams to deliver research findings from multiple data sources (A/B testing, usage metrics, and statistical analysis) as appropriate.
- Share actionable findings and prioritized recommendations with teams on a regular basis
- Continuously refine user research methods and strategy into the core product development process and help create a more informed and more empathetic product team members.
- Use primary and secondary research to develop recommendations for UX best practices.
- Evangelize research best practices across the company.
- Contribute to product training and education regarding user research best practices.
- Collaborate with teams comprised of developers, business analysts and stakeholders.
- Identify and execute on high-impact research projects.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design/Human Computer Interaction
- Knowledge of User Centered Design, including user research and usability testing techniques.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.