Epitaxy Engineer - SiC R&D - Relocation Offered!
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04104
Epitaxy Engineer – SiC R&D – Relocation Offered! Epitaxy Engineer – SiC R&D – Relocation Offered! – Skills Required – Silicon Carbide (SiC) Epitaxy, SiC Characterization, MOCVD, X-Ray Topography, Wide-Bandgap Compound Semiconductors
If you are an Epitaxy Engineer with Silicon Carbide (SiC) experience, please read on!
Job Title: Epitaxy Engineer – Silicon Carbide (SiC) R&D
Job Location: Portland, ME – Full Relocation Offered!
Compensation: $100K – $200K+ DOE
We are seeking a SiC Epitaxy and Characterization R&D Engineer to join our dynamic Silicon Carbide technology development team in Portland, Maine. Our Silicon Carbide products are the future of power electronics finding widespread markets in hybrid and electric cars, solar inverters, UPS, industrial motors, smart electric grid etc. The wide bandgap technologies of SiC and GaN are integral for efficiency and power conversion and are now seeing explosive growth and wide spread adoption world-wide.
We are a worldwide technology leader, and our employees are part of an elite, innovative, success-driven worldwide team operating in a fast-moving, collaborative work environment to solve real-world problems.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
1) Competitive Compensation ($100K – $200K+ DOE)
2) Comprehensive Benefits Package including relocation assistance!
3) The chance to join a dynamic Silicon Carbide technology development team for an industry leader in Power Electronics devices!
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with the Silicon Carbide (SiC) R&D team to develop Epitaxy processes on MOCVD reactors and Characterization on various metrology tools for existing and new products. This will include improving existing processes and developing new processes and new characterization techniques.
- Conduct independent research, evaluations of new and upcoming tools, techniques and processes to drive the state-of-the-art SiC technology forward. This will also involve authoring publications to journals and conferences, as well as generating IP for the company.
- Interact with the entire worldwide SiC R&D team, production and integration team to solve complex problems with development, proliferation, scaling and mass-production of SiC products.
- Support worldwide 24×7 production of SiC Epitaxy and fabrication for various device families.
What You Need for this Position
- PhD or Masters degree (with 2+ years of applicable hands on experience) in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Science or related field is required
- MOCVD Epitaxy and characterization of Wide-Bandgap technologies like Silicon Carbide (SiC) or Gallium Nitride (GaN)
- Experience with crystal orientations and defect analysis with X-ray techniques highly desired
- PhD with 5+ years of applicable hands on experience in Silicon Carbide epitaxy and characterization.
- Hands-on experience of MOCVD reactors hardware, software and process development. Prior experience running a Commercial MOCVD reactor is a bonus.
- Experience in the various Compound Semiconductor characterization techniques like FTIR, CV, PL, X-Ray as well as the use of such techniques on both Substrates and Epitaxy is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to do independent research by publishing patents, journals, white papers etc.
- Experience in semiconductor manufacturing epitaxy with familiarity with design of experiment (DOE), statistical process control (SPC), methodical data analysis for process performance improvement and process troubleshooting is ideal.
- Willingness to work supporting a 24×7 manufacturing fab – additional off-hours on-call support may be required.
So, if you are an Epitaxy Engineer with Silicon Carbide (SiC) experience, please apply today! or send an updated copy of your resume to Mike.Vandenbergh@CyberCoders.com for immediate consideration!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Epitaxy Engineer – SiC R&D – Relocation Offered!