Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Tyler Technologies is seeking a Datacenter Engineer to join our Datacenter Operations team in our Plano, TX or Yarmouth, ME offices. The primary focus for this Engineer is to perform the duties as the key support engineer for all Active Directory and Domain Name Services requirements on the Datacenter Engineering Team. This person is the lead designer for the AD/DNS architecture in an enterprise level, multi-user, fully virtualized computing system.
The Datacenter Engineering Team is responsible for the all-around health and availability of the Tyler Datacenter Infrastructure and will serve as a troubleshooting resource for the IT Teams, the SaaS Teams, the Network Teams, the DR Team and other consumers of the Tyler Datacenter offerings.
Support various corporate needs, both internally and externally, across the company. From Marketing to Finance to IT and Human Resources, you can work on Tyler-wide initiatives to support our employees, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.
- This candidate will concentrate on AD Topology Administration, Design and Implementation, including Forests, Sites & Services, Replication, Global Catalog and Trusts.
- AD Integrated DNS Management
- Managing Active Directory in Perimeter Networks
- Group Policy Management
- Domain Backup & Recovery
- AD Certificate Services
- AD Federated Services
- AD Health Monitoring and Security Auditing
- Design, develop, engineer, implement, and maintain solutions for AD requirements.
- Provide technical engineering functions associated with AD systems, applications, platforms, and various databases technical integration.
- Speak with hosted clients and other Tyler professionals to research and escalate issues as needed.
- Assist in writing and configuring SolarWinds rules on all AD and DNS related topics.
- Evaluate alert definitions and assist in the development of departmental standards and process improvements.
- Provide hands-on device maintenance such as component replacement, system testing, running cables and racking servers in the Datacenter as part of the Datacenter Operations Team as needed.
- Requires 7 to 9 years of experience as an Active Directory Enterprise-level Administrator.
- Experience managing an Active Directory structure with a large volume of objects.
- Experience maintaining and updating: Domain plans and design documentation; Organization Unit (OU) plans; Enterprise Group Policies, and Trust relations with external AD structures.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks logically in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Experience in a VMware ESXi 5.x environment
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2008 and above
- Current MCITP: Windows Server a plus
The ability to work independently yet as an integral team member is a must. The successful candidate will be familiar with and adhere to a strict change request policy, with an eye toward never violating PCI, SSAE or other standards-based certifications maintained within the Tyler Datacenters.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.