Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fairfield, ME 04937
Title: Rehabilitation Technician
Job Category: Therapy
Line of Business: Rehab Without Walls Services
Branding: Rehab Without Walls
About this Career Opportunity:
- Transports patients to and from treatment areas as scheduled.
- Prepares patients for treatment.
- Assists with and/or provides treatment as directed by therapists.
- Transports clients in company van, as needed, for community activities.
- Assists the therapists and assistants in clerical and patient related duties. Performs other administrative tasks as directed including computerized activities.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the treatment areas and department.
- Assists in maintaining an adequate stock of supplies and equipment.
- Records daily treatment charges and documentation in accordance with approved billing and documentation guidelines.
- Coordinates work activities with members of other departments and other staff within the rehabilitation department.
- Participates in department meetings and in facility meetings as assigned.
- Participates in Facility Performance Improvement programs.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when recipient’s right to access is clearly established.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative and conducts self according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
- Attends/ participates in internal staff development programs as required by facility.
- Reports any safety concerns, or issues to management immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED,
- A minimum of six months prior work/volunteer experience providing individual instructions in a health care environment is preferred
- Previous experience in patient care in a rehabilitation center is preferred. Therapy students are considered.
- Demonstrates effective and professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to relate and work with the disabled, ill, elderly, emotionally upset and at times, hostile people within the facility
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and current auto liability insurance coverage
- Motor vehicle driver record background check results are within acceptable company standards at time of hire and annually thereafter
- A minimum of two years’ experience driving a motor vehicle
Our Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Rehab Without Walls Services
Rehab Without Walls (RWW) NeuroSolutions started more than 30 years ago. RWW originally designed a program helping brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke patients using real-life activities in their own environment. Today, RWW is still removing walls, breaking barriers and rebuilding lives. But RWW is also connecting the neuro-rehab continuum, providing expertise in the right place at the right time with outpatient and residential services in addition to groundbreaking home and community rehab.
RWW services start with the understanding of a patient’s health, lifestyle and goals. RWW then assembles a team of neuro-trained therapists who work across therapy disciplines to create a truly personalized program that blends scientifically backed rehab protocols with the patient’s real-life activities. It’s a combination that delivers better results during the recovery journey and into the future.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Company does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
95 SKOWHEGAN RD, FAIRFIELD, ME 04937-3303 USA
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (“ResCare”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.