Deaf Services Direct Support Professional On Call
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04104
- Health Care
Portland, ME, USA
Goodwill Northern New England is an influential social enterprise that creates jobs, delivers needed services for people with diverse challenges, and uses environmentally friendly products and processes – all while earning revenue to pay for and expand innovative workforce services in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Vermont. We operate retail stores, employment services, neuro rehabilitation centers, residences for people needing 24/7 support and cleaning/property services.
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, On-call Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities
- Local community discounts
Compensation: *$12.00-$13.00, depending on experience
- Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- In accordance with the service plan, serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in areas including, but not limited to, interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities.
- Communicates effectively and courteously when dealing with service recipients, parents, guardians and other interested parties.
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipients.
- Maintains up to date understanding of service recipients personal care plan.
- Documents observations concerning group and individual interactions, progress and participation of the service recipient in the approved plan.
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards.
- Accompanies and transports the individual to appointments, community outings and services.
- American Sign Language experience.
- Criminal background check that meets Agency and State standards.
- Safe driving record, reliable transportation and automobile insurance that meets minimum state requirements.
- The ability to stand or sit for long periods of time. Perform range of motion tasks that include but not limited to; reaching, bending, stretching and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and push 175 pounds.
- Travel Required
Yes. Transporting residents to appointments.
American Sign Language
Communication – written
Communication – verbal
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School Diploma/GED or better
**Required**Demonstrated ability and willingness to complete required certifications on time.
**Preferred**Experience supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Licenses & Certifications
Drive. Lic. – Class C
Posted: May 20, 2020