Hospice BSW Social Worker Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
Hospice BSW Social Worker Assistant (19011810)
What You Will Do
Assist and counsel patients and families with health related financial, social and emotional concerns according to the physician’s orders under the direction and supervision of a Masters’ level Medical Social Worker.
- Provides social work services, under medical supervision, in accordance with the patient’s Plan of Care.
- Demonstrates competency in skills required by the care center.
- Assists the physician and other members of the hospice team to understand the significance of social and emotional factors related to the patients care.
- Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems in daily living and to help them follow medical recommendations to maximize the
- patient’s health condition.
- Counsels patients and families concerning the facilitation of the medical Plan of Care.
- Recognizes and utilizes community and family resources to assist the patient in long-term plans for life in the community or to learn to live within the limits of the patient’s disability.
- Assists with the development of the Plan of Care with the appropriate staff, physician, patient and family to deal with personal, financial and environmental difficulties that may interfere with the health and wellness continuum.
- Participates in discharge planning, as appropriate.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies. Submits accurate documentation per agency policy.
- Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Participates in the care center’s quality improvement program.
- Meets state and federal requirements for this position.
- Has a baccalaureate degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or a baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work and is supervised by a Masters’ prepared Social Worker; and
- Has 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare setting;
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.