Project Manager-Bridge Engineering
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Project Manager-Bridge Engineering
Project Manager-Bridge Engineering (155872)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Project Manager-Bridge Engineering, we’ll count on you to:
- Plan and manage all aspects bridge design and rehabilitation projects
- Independently coordinate work, mentor project engineers and balance the project delivery team throughout entire project’s development
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing and proposal development, contractual matters, design and production meetings
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct work sessions for design development and contract documents in conjunction with staff from other technical disciplines
- Coordinate workload throughout entire project development, and ensure completion of deliverables on schedule
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to budgets
- Work with Business/Accounting Manager or Project Controller and Section Manager for project reviews and with company management as needed.
Keyword(s): Project Manager, Bridge Project Manager, Bridges, job .#155872, * LI-MP1
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
- 10 years bridge and infrastructure project experience, including significant project management experience
- PE license
- Experience with various New England DOT’s required such as MassDOT.
- Experience or familiarity with finite element modeling, steel design, and concrete bridge structural design and analysis software
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
- SE license
- Experience with other New England DOT’s such as NHDOT, VTrans, MaineDOT, CTDOT preferred.
Preference is for the position to be based in Boston. However, open to other HDR England offices for this position, (business travel as necessary to Boston).
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.