Clinical Supervisor - Residential Services
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belfast, ME 04915
Clinical supervisor oversees the treatment work implemented by the clinicians in the program . Oversees the clinician’s work in assessment , treatment planning and service delivery , and documentation and accountability. Also holds clinical responsibility for the clinical aspects of the treatment milieu.
• Oversees treatment work of program clinical staff to ensure responsiveness to client need.
• Oversees possibly the referral, admission and intake/interview process for client admission.
• Provides regularly scheduled and on the spot clinical supervision to program clinicians and communicates supervision activities to Clinical Director.
• Identifies and implements or arranges for needed clinical staff development programs, in collaboration with Clinical Director.
• Evaluate clinical staff performance through direct observation of clinical practice and feedback from staff, clients and community providers and works with the staff to enhance overall performance.
• Ensures completion of all required clinical service documentation by clinical staff, including authorization requirements for APS.
• Provides program supervision, education, clinical direction and support to clinical staff to ensure the delivery of the highest quality of care, the maintenance of a safe and therapeutic service environment and the maintenance of client dignity and confidentiality in all service delivery.
• Masters degree in professional clinical discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Hold independent licensure.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Preferred clinical experience in the program will supervise.
• Preferred supervisory experience.
• Strong knowledge base in systems/family therapy.
• Strong clinical skills in assessment, treatment interventions, and documentation.
• Excellent computer skills and navigation of the electronic records system.
• Experience with APS funding preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Provide professional leadership to a multi-disciplinary team, collaborate and organize effectively, and understand and work with complex systems.
• Through leadership, behavioral example and policy, establishes a program culture of mutual support and program services.
• Communicates ideas and opinions in a clear and constructive manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Uses listening skills, flexible collaboration and a consistent problem solving focus in working to resolve differences with colleagues, peers and clients.