Assistant Residential Services Supervisor - Belfast
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belfast, ME 04915
Maintains ongoing residential effectiveness by assuring the administrative coordination of a variety of safety, therapeutic, and operational issues, and oversees daily administrative activities. Collaborates with all staff and client families to accomplish the establishment and maintenance of a safe, effective milieu.
• Serve as Supervisor On Duty as needed.
• Provide Direct Care to clients by using the prescribed treatment strategies and observing and monitoring behaviors.
• Provide assistance, support and direction to the Youth & Family Counselors and Relief Staff in the absence of residential services supervisor.
• Connects and comments on relationship of training to current program issues.
• Thoroughly understands and appropriately uses child care terminology including, therapeutic crisis intervention, behavior management, active listening, positive and negative feedback as well as systems in client and family centered practice.
• Implements supervisory directions.
• Promote and maintain basic milieu practices regarding, structuring the environment (therapeutic and safety), safety, awareness, behavioral management and communication.
• Direct, support, and participate in identifying, removing or reducing the likelihood of common safety concerns such as:
1. Unsafe client behavior.
2. Threats directed at self, staff, client family, or residential peers.
3. Unsafe staff behavior including escorting clients between buildings alone or transporting clients.
4. Acute milieu or environment situational dangers including sharps, meds, dangerous chemicals, detergents and cleaners as well as personal items of staff or clients which could become safety concerns such as, key sets, small penknives, mace, contents of a wallet which could include credit cards, addresses, etc.
• CRMA certified, responsible for passing medicines and appropriate documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must pass the competency tests of a Youth & Family Counselor Level I, II, and III.
• Must obtain certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within one (1) month of assignment.
• Must maintain a valid state driver’s license.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• One (1) to three (3) years related experience working in the Youth & Family Counselor field required. Three (3) years is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Capable of leading and facilitating peer supervision groups and client support groups.
• Ability to model objective observation and communication.
• Successful demonstrated competence in all duties and responsibilities required of a Youth & Family Counselor I, II, and III.