Mobile Wind Instructor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
The Mobile Training Instructor is responsible for the delivery of required training and certification/recertification material of the wind segment. This position will conduct training sessions using approved training materials and would be involved with the help of revising the training curriculum as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct work at height safety training for field employees using SRK-11 / Spark (TSL) and Tractel systems
- Conduct tower rescue systems training for field employees using SRK-11 / Spark (TSL) and Tractel systems
- Conduct annual recertification for field employees on SRK-11 / Spark (TSL) and Tractel systems
- Conduct biennial recertification for field employees on CPR, First Aid and AED
- Conduct new hire initial training on SRK-11 / Spark (TSL), Tractel, CPR First Aid and AED
- Provide input on course scheduling & logistics per strategic business requests
- Verify training material is up to date with documentation and record keeping.
- Ensure all training is properly documented in the FieldCore LMS System
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Extensive travel is required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of relevant experience with the content that is being delivered
- 2-3 years of relevant field experience
- English Proficiency Required
- Experience in development and implementation of learning programs, including content development and training reviews.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced ability to clearly convey required information to personnel
- Must have strong mechanical/technical skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Candidates must be able to climb a 300 feet wind tower multiple times per day.
- Candidates must be able to walk across the hub and, in the event of an emergency, repel off.
- Must be comfortable working at heights of up to 300+ feet.
- Must meet specific weight requirements of tower ladders under OSHA standards of 250 to 300 lbs. max, including personal protective equipment (approx. 30-35lbs).
- Must be comfortable working in confined space(s).
- Must be able to see and move throughout site to resolve work problems and facilitate processes; repetitive motion activities may be involved.
- Frequent climbing, walking, and standing, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight up to 50 lbs.
- Successful completion of the climb test and tower rescue training.
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website .
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law