Senior Regulatory Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking an experienced individual with prior hydropower consulting experience to join our growing PPL Practice. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with hydroelectric power producers, along with technical expertise leading FERC, NEPA, and the development and relicensing of hydroelectric projects.
- Serve as a Senior Project Manager for FERC licensing and post-license compliance, NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects.
- Contribute to preparing EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with FERC and NEPA, serving in roles ranging from technical lead to QA/QC.
- Assist and guide clients in selection of appropriate technical studies and licensing processes for their hydroelectric projects.
- Assist clients in the development of agreements with resource agencies and other stakeholders pertaining to regulatory, engineering, and environmental matters as required by FERC.
- Contribute to the growth of the hydropower practice through business development efforts including identifying and developing new opportunities and leading development of strategic pursuits.
- BS/MS in environmental, engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience working on licensing hydropower projects, with experience in executing projects in the US.
- Knowledge of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulations and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Understanding of the key technical and management issues within the conventional hydro and NEPA markets.
- Experience with diverse NEPA projects would be a plus.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled