Software Engineer, General Ledger
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Software Engineer, General Ledger
The General Ledger (GL) Investment project is a multi-year development effort to re-write the GL infrastructure that is central to the Munis ERP software system. Our team is looking for a Software Engineer to join this high-profile, high-impact project. A successful candidate will be an energetic team player eager to contribute to the effort to re-write the backbone of our ERP Solution. While familiarity with the General Ledger and Munis Financials is helpful, it is not a requirement, as this is an opportunity to build an infrastructure that supports all ERP modules from a functional and technical standpoint.
Engineers are expected to contribute to the modernization of our back-end GL processes as well as develop and collaborate with UX on new user-centered UIs. In addition to building the next generation GL, engineers will work to integrate the new GL with all existing modules that currently interface with the General Ledger. The engineer will be encouraged to leverage creative thinking to solve complex problems and create a new GL codebase that is reliable, efficient and scalable for future cloud-hosted solutions.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for new development challenges and to extend their visibility and exposure into broader technologies and the Total Tyler development arena.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
- Ability to work in an Agile/Scrum environment through all phases of the software development life cycle including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance
- Ability to apply your technical skills, creativity and problem-solving skills developing new processes, features and applications that meet our strategic requirements and leverage emerging technologies
- Work on applications and projects that are strategically important and impactful to the user community we serve
- Develop new application programs from established specifications or documented requirements
- Integrate new functionality into existing modules currently integrated with Munis GL
- Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures
- Utilize new technologies and tools to modify products and provide integration with applications developed internally and externally
- Prepare and modify program and system documentation
- Achieve departmental goals and timelines
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly governance updates for the executive stakeholder team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or comparable work experience
- 3-5 years of software design and development experience with conventional technologies
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies
- Relevant Technologies: SQL Server
HTTP / REST
- Relevant related technologies
- Experience writing and testing code to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of product architecture and all underlying technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of development process
- Demonstrated experience with data modeling tools, web services and/or service-oriented architecture
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate across team or division boundaries
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with server-side application architecture
- Experience providing guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Well-developed logical thinking and reasoning skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment
- A proven ability to deliver in-depth solutions in expedited timelines
- An ability to be successful working on highly visible deliverables
- Keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with financial accounting practices and concepts preferred, but not required
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.