Director, Product Management (Health App)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
*As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.*
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Director, Product Management
We are a seeking a a product management professional who can maintain a consumer focus throughout the product development process. Must have a proven track record of successful leadership in team building, completion of large and complex product launches with tight deadlines. Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships among customers, business and technical personnel. Strong problem-solving capabilities, familiarity with the health care system pain points and demonstrated innovative thinking and strong communication skills.
- Ability to elaborate health app product strategies, set development priorities (road map), and work with development and external product partners to create and maintain product functionality, negotiate contracts and working with legal department to navigate and adhere to regulatory guidelines
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Work with external third parties to assess build / buy / partner decisions
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products
- Determines consumers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Appraising new product ideas and/or product changes
- Is considered a subject matter expert within Change Healthcare and may be involved in cross-functional work streams regarding initiatives relating to Product Management
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional product or solution line teams and up to the VP/GM level within Change Healthcare
- P&L input and the core competence to understand the impact decisions have on the operational and financial metrics of the business
- Coordination/collaboration across the business unit to drive holistic solution (services, support) with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority:
- Provides coaching and mentoring to other members of cross-functional teams
- Partner with other departments in a cohesive manner
Minimum Requirements (Required)
- 8+ years of product management experience (Healthcare Technology or Healthcare Data background preferred)
- 5+ years of leadership, influencing, and/or consensus-building experience
Critical Skills (Required)
- 5+ year of experience leading new product development, launch, and support.
- 5+ years of experience with Product Market Fit (experience with identifying customer needs, pain points, and requirements and translating that data into an effective product solution)
- 5+ years of strong project management experience developing project plans and achieving project milestones (experience managing 2-3 complex projects on average at any given time with competing priorities and timelines)
- Excellent business acumen, executive presence, and verbal and written communications skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of consumer-facing applications is preferred
- Ability to understand both technical details and consumer experience implications is a key tool for success
- Working collaboratively with teams across multiple business units
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education / Training:
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Highly prefer applicants with an MBA or MS degree
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.