STAFF RN - AROOSTOOK CANCER CARE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: * The RN is responsible for providing
safe, efficient nursing care to patients in the office/clinic setting.
He/she will demonstrate an ability to cope with all situations that may
arise in a calm and effective manner. He/she will report directly to the
RN clinical coordinator or Physician Service manager.
1. Obtains patient complaints and history, reports findings to the
provider and documents findings in the patient’s medical record.
2. Provides safe, efficient nursing care to the patient and documents
care provided in the patient’s medical record.
3. Provides patient teaching regarding disease process, medications,
diet, diagnostic testing and community resources available.
4. Maintains a safe and clean environment for patient care.
5. Acts as a liaison between the patient, family and provider while
maintaining patient confidentiality.
6. Advocates for patient’s rights, safety and healthcare needs.
7. Administers medications as ordered by provider in a safe manner
consistent with Physician Services policies and documents administration
in the patient’s medical record.
8. Adheres to Physician Services administration policies, procedures
9. Assists to ensure that the patient’s medical record is current and
that dictations, diagnostic testing results, correspondence from
referring providers and other documentation is on or in the patients
chart prior to provider visit with the patient.
10. Provider’s orders are carried out after proper verification in
accordance with policy and recorded in the patient’s medical record.
Assists the provider with procedures and patient examination as
1. Communicates appropriate patient information with verbal, telephone
or written reports. All communication documented in the patient’s
2. Performs other work related duties assigned.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: *
1. Current Maine State Board of Nursing RN license.
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS: *
Variable work schedule as required.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current valid RN license
2. Current CPR certification
3. Maintains all other certifications as appropriate
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Basic computer skills preferred