Construction Manager (Utility Power)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Job Purpose: The Construction Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing assigned work and coordinating the daily activities of assigned contractor crews to assure high standards of safety, security, environmental compliance, and assuring uninterrupted service is delivered to customers in a timely and professional manner consistent with Company and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, contract interpretation and direction to assigned Electrical Transmission construction contractor personnel to ensure that high standards of safety, security and environmental compliance are developed and consistently followed at our construction contract job sites.
- Take a proactive role interfacing with district customers, engineering, design, and other interested groups to fully understand contract program needs and ensure that promised commitments are delivered on time and within budget.
- Participate in construction conference calls and meetings to report on status of assigned construction projects and maintenance work. Ensure safe and reliable construction and maintenance of the substation systems consistent with company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and relevant emerging government codes and regulations.
- Coordinate with department supervisors, field contract personnel, contractors and others to ensure that substation construction and maintenance work is scheduled in a timely manner to support and complement internal and external construction work to meet high quality work standards and construction practices.
- Document contract crew activities, prepare and present periodic oral and written update reports and verify the accuracy of contractor invoicing. Report on job progress utilizing a web-based reporting database.
- When required conduct Incident Analyses and prepare and present periodic oral and written reports
- Assure that assigned field personnel are properly directed, trained and evaluated within Company guidelines and procedures, and environmental and safety regulations are consistently followed.
- Assure that required equipment, materials and tools used by assigned personnel are available and stocked.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of department emergency response procedures to help arrange and provide contractor storm emergency resource support as needed.
- Work closely with department management and provide leadership to ensure that organizational goals are communicated to assigned field construction personnel and contractors.
- 5 Years of Exeperiencewith constructionof Distribution and Transmission Electrical Systems.
- Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering Associates or Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State, OSHA, local, company Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to read job cards, prints, specifications, drawings, schematics, one line diagrams, instructional information and contract documents to construct, maintain and troubleshoot transmission lines and equipment.
- Thorough understanding of electrical principles and the hazards associated with electrical distribution work.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of company maintenance practices, safe work practices, Clearance & Control rules and Labor contracts.
- Field experience with switching and tagging, and ability to qualify as a higher authority/control authority.
- Hands-on experience with successful delivery of challenging Transmission construction projects
- Able to travel throughout the service territory and willing to work extended hours when job requires and for system emergencies.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled