Wind Installation Lead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out
The Installation Lead is accountable for the Wind Installation at the site by working within a matrix organization and coordinating with onsite teams. The Wind Installation Lead will have responsibility of the site operations from the receiving phase through mechanical completion (pre-commissioning). The individual will oversee field teams and sub-contractors to achieve the project field objectives.
- Serve as the FieldCore main point of contact at site.
- Escalate site-related concerns, as required.
- Attend meetings and interface with Customer.
- Assist with coaching, training, development, and communication to Fieldcore employees in partnership with Resource Management
- Effectively address project installation changes
- Drive excellence in schedule, quality and EHS
- Provide leadership to and oversight of all site installation personnel to create an environment that builds teamwork, drives effective reporting, communications and facilitates success in compliance with all Fieldcore Policies.
- Ensure that site installation reporting guidelines are being followed and are accurate
- Review of site daily reports, issues and progress
- Work to standard field installation processes
- Document receiving/installation lessons learn from sites
- Support on all receiving/installation technical information
- Drive zero punch list prior to mechanical completion of sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in an Electrical, Mechanical or other related technical discipline OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field service role.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Expert level. Able to act as a senior company rep on any outage for the unit qualified. Acts as project manager and mentor on complex projects
- Experience with modeling and analysis programs for wind turbines.
- Proficient in the use of computers and PC software.
- Excellent customer, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel extensively in support of global assignments.
- Fluent in English language
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law