GUEST RELATIONS SPECIALIST I- TAMC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The Guest Relations Specialist I
works independently and in collaboration with Volunteer Services Manager
and Guest Relations Volunteers to carry out essential functions as
1. Coordinates the flow of outpatients through the registration
2. Assists patients with needs, i.e., direction,wheelchair assist and
3. Coordinates wheelchair availability and distribution.
4. Assists with recruitment of Volunteers.
5. Coordinates Guest Relation’s Volunteer activities.
6. Orients Volunteers to department area, tasks and responsibilities.
7. Coordinates volunteer task daily activities.
8. Assists Volunteer Manager and Guest Relation Specialist II with
departmental new employee orientation as needed.
9. Completes all daily Gift Shop sales cash ups and prepares deposits.
10. Assists Gift Shop volunteers as needed.
12. Assist Volunteer Services Manager with events as needed, i.e.,
Program, Blood Drives, Health Fair,Volunteer Recognition
13. Assists the Volunteer Services Manager with a multitude of office
clerical duties as
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Asassigned
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: None Required
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Weekdays/Weekends/Holidays *
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCEREQUIREMENTS:
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Excellent organizational and communication skills
3. Ability to work independently
4. Entry level computer skills
5. Excellent Customer Service skills
6. Great attention to details
7. Ability to multi-task with many interruptions
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting. 6-7 hours/day.
2. Standing. 1-2 hours/day.
3. Walking. 2-3 hours/day
4. Lifting. 1-25lbs with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting. Frequently, 1 or greater twists/day (not continuous).
6. Bending. 1 bends hours/day. (not continuous)
7. Squatting/Kneeling. 1 hours/day (not continuous).
8. Endurance. Moderate to high energy requirements.
9. Wrist Position. Extensive deviation(typing 1 – 2 hours day).
10. Pinching. Frequent, pinches per day.
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. 1-2 hours day or more. (typing)
12. Manual Dexterity. Frequent fine motor skills required.(wheelchair
13. Either Handedness. 70%- 100% of job cycle time.
14. Both Handedness. 70%-100% of job cycle time.
15. Sight. Requires corrected 20/20 near vision and minimal far vision.
16. Hearing. Can hear whispered voice at twelve (12) feet and via phone.
17. Speech. Frequent clear speaking 4-8 hours ability required.
18. Exposure to Infection. Moderate
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 70 – 80?F.
2. Noise. Slight, occasionally fairly loud sounds.
3. Working with Others. Close association is frequent and compromises
a major portion of the job.
4. Body Injuries. Slight likelihood of significant traumatic injury -
deep cuts, fractures or permanent disabling injuries.
5. Moving Objects. Somewhat likelihood of significant injury from
6. Toxic Conditions. Slightlikelihood of exposure to toxic conditions.
7. Working with Others. Great, association is frequent and comprisesa
major portion of
8. Role Ambiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what others expect
of the worker.* *
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Occasional problem-solving skills
2. Judgment/Assessment.Continuously assesses situations and determines
corrective actions needed.
3. Supervision.Supervises on duty volunteer/individuals.
4. Reading/Comprehension.Must be able to read and comprehend greater
than Grade 10 level of instructions.
5. Math/Arithmetic.Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide,
perform fractions, and calculate percentages.
1. Composure Under Working Conditions(including demanding, and/or
rude, patients/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise
self-control inworking relation?ships with patients, staff, and
Coping Skills for Stresses Associated with Illness, Disability, Dying and/or Death.
Works directly with persons who are or may become ill, disabled, or
dying on a regular basis; must possess skills to cope with stresses
associated with illness, disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary.
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.
3. Must project a professional image at alltimes.
4. Compassion, caring and willingness to go beyond to satisfy customer
5. Very perceptive to customer needs before being asked.
6. Receptive and helpful attitude is a must