RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The staff Radiological Technologist
performs radiographic examinations of selected portions of the anatomy
as requested by the medical provider with a proper order. The
Radiological Technologist is expected to perform a variety of procedures
with the knowledge and ability to apply a prescribed amount of
x-radiation for the purpose of obtaining diagnostic quality radiographs
for interpretation by the radiologist.
1. Perform radiographic procedures in accordance with departmental
protocols and procedures within standard time frames.
2. Maintains equipment in good operating condition and operates
equipment according to department and manufacturer’s
3. Prepares and orients patients to the procedure.
4. Is cooperative and helpful in a clear and courteous manner to
co-workers, staff, patients, and visitors.
5. Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of radiological
technology and participates in continuing education.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other work related duties as
assigned by up line management in Imaging Services.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: **
1. Appropriate and current State of Maine license/registrations for
2. Specialty certifications a plus in areas of CT, etc.
3. Current registration by the American Registry of Radiological
Technologists (ARRT). (registry eligible, with state license)
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS: *Eight hours per day on a rotating
schedule with periodic overtime. Must participate in weekend, holiday
and on-call rotation as required to meet the department needs in
providing Imaging services to our patients.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school graduate or GED.
2. Satisfactory completion of formal radiological training in an
AMA approved program.
3. Must have met the requirements for Registry by the American
Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT).
4. Must be proficient in all aspects of general radiography and
radiation protection. Two years experience is preferred but not