Physical Security Assessor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
TRC operates a national security consulting service to support commercial/industrial, government and critical infrastructure clients nationally. Our teams are regionally based with a national focus, supporting dedicated clients in energy, education, transportation, chemical, government, manufacturing and other sectors.
TRC Security and Emergency Management Services helps its clients assess and plan for current threats while accounting for possible future concerns to create and sustain a security program that is robust, viable, and adapts as required to changing conditions over time. Our services include:
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessments
- Risk (Physical and Operational) Evaluations
- Physical Security Needs Analysis
- Security Planning and Budgeting
- Security Training
- Security Systems Engineering and Design,
- System Commissioning and Acceptance Testing
- All-Hazards Emergency Preparedness
- Exercise Planning and Execution Oversight
- Physical Asset Hardening
The Physical Security Assessor will be a junior member of a team responsible for supporting clients in evaluating existing security measures, developing policies and procedures, providing training and otherwise helping our clients become more secure. This is an early career/entry level position with growth potential.
The Physical Security Assessor would be based out of our Augusta, ME or Scarborough, ME locations but other TRC office locations in New England may be considered.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors, law enforcement officer, and others as part of a security team.
- Tour facilities to understand existing security measures as well as unaddressed vulnerabilities.
- Interview key stakeholders to understand their culture from a security and safety perspective. This includes putting stakeholders at ease to share information and collaborate effectively.
- Review and synthesize man-made threat and natural hazard data
- Develop, research, and define appropriate solutions, processes, and technologies to provide the required level(s) of mitigation.
- Author reports, policies and procedures, as well as technical memos.
- Make presentations and deliver security related training at client locations.
- Travel throughout the U.S. (travel estimated at approximately 20-30% of the year)
Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. An inquisitive tendency, as well as the interest in protecting people and facilities from harm are also important qualities.
- Bachelor’s degree (will consider an applicable Associate degree), preferably in security, international relations, psychology, sociology, safety, criminal justice, security management, journalism, emergency management or similar
- 0-6 years of work experience
- Ability to be part of a larger team to support business objectives nationally
- Work closely with government law enforcement and security agencies
- Ability to travel periodically to meet client and project needs
- Ability to work in commercial and industrial settings and follow strict safety protocols
- Fluent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to pass a detailed criminal background check and drug screen
- Current driver’s license and ability to travel by airline, bus, train, etc.
- Proficiency with standard MS Office tools, laptop computers, and/or related tools
Desired Additional Skills:
Knowledge of interviewing techniques, familiarity with security systems/equipment, bi-lingual (Spanish, French, or other), public speaking experience, client interactions. Knowledge of various security regulations or standards a plus.
Preferred Location: Augusta or Scarborough, MaineIrvine, CA; however, one of our other New England area offices may be considered.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled