Stores Equipment Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wells, ME 04090
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams, Valspar, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Krylon, Minwax, Thompson’s Water Seal, Cabot and many more. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
This position exists to enable Sherwin-Williams’ full market share growth potential by offering exceptional service on company owned color equipment and color proprietary software in the US & Canada and to select customers within the United States. These Specialists are geographically placed across the US to allow them to handle the preventative and emergency service needs for an average of 200+ stores per geographicterritory.
This position is accountable for ongoing quality performance of all SW company owned color equipment assets and for SW company In-house color software. This service must be cost effective and timely per company directives with in-store repairs and telephone support. To minimize store downtimes and mistints, preventative and emergency service must be done. This position exists to assure SW’s ability to sell paint, provide quality color fidelity and build confidence of customers and store personnel through sound field service programs.
This position will service*New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island*
- Provide service on color equipment and train store personnel on proper operation and maintenance.
- Learn how to diagnose machine and color problems over the phone whenever possible and learn to organize and schedule yearly preventive maintenance visits.
- Provide accurate records on in-store visits, telephone repairs and part failures that give us a working record on the history of the automatic dispensers in stores.
- Learn how to manage just-in-time inventory of parts for the automatic dispenser, making sure a sufficient amount of parts are kept in stock so no machines are left down waiting for repair.Document accurate expense record of service trips.
- Learn how to use a volt ohm meter and schematic for troubleshooting electronic circuitry on the automatic dispensers and shakers. (Will test to make sure employee understands proper usage.)
- Schedule weekend service, vacations, travel, emergency repairs and preventive maintenance trips for service personnel.
- Continue to train and understand updates on machines and printed circuit boards.
- Learn proper usage of SW computers and phones for service calls. Have a working knowledge of computer operating systems MS-DOS/Linux and Windows XP. (Will test to make sure technician understands both computer operating systems.)
- Learn computer and software diagnostic skills for troubleshooting problems with computer driven automatic dispenser and color match systems.
- Suggest changes to increase productivity.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree
Knowledge & Experience:
- Two years in mechanical repair.
- Ability to work with different computer operating systems, including Windows XP
- One year customer service experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Electrical and mechical skills
- Good working knowledge of how paint and colorant are blended together to develop our color palette.
- Must maintain a valid drivers License
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.