Pick and Packer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilton, ME 04294
Kelly Services is currently looking for someone to fill a need in Wilton, ME for an Inspector/Packer. The position is temporary to hire, which means this position has the potential to transition into a full time position with the company. This positions schedule is 7AM-7PM, with 2/3 days on followed by 2/3 days off, and you must be able to pass both a criminal background check and a drug screening.
The Inspector/Packer I is responsible for conducting visual inspection of product for quality defects, manually transferring finished product into packaging, and preparing packaged product for shipment.
- Inspects/packages production on assigned machines utilizing internal resource materials and the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure product meets quality standards and customer specifications.
- Prepares packing materials and ensures materials, labels, and finished product meets specifications.
- Maintains all job-related documents and transactions per the QMS.
- Communicates with shift personnel to alert for quality and production related issues.
- Loads data in the production monitoring system, as applicable.
- Sorts nonconforming product as directed by Shift Supervisor or Management.
- Understands and follows plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output.
- Maintains compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to direct Supervisor.
- Maintains good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other employees.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Self-motivated to learn and perform job tasks to meet or exceed customer and company expectations.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work at an efficient rate to meet production goals and standards.
- Effectively communicates with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, as applicable.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping
you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ
each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a
leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable
a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety
of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.