Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
*As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.*
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
What will I be responsible for in this job? (brief summary of the role)
The Operations Manager will lead the Fiscal Agent/Accounting Team for the Medicaid business unit. They will work closely with staff and clients to deliver Fiscal Agent services including Contract Accounting processes and procedures. This position is responsible for leading a team of staff with accounting skills that will process member and pharmacy payments, reconcile claims presented for payment against those approved for payment, process claims from members, complete audits, process returned funds related to audit findings, reconciliation reporting, and general accounting practices.
- Coaching and developing Accounting team members. Providing the direction and support needed for their assigned tasks. Providing training and development opportunities.
- Use accounting software to run reports, reconcile bank statements, review aged payables, and research for payment and invoice inquiries. After payment batches are processed, reports are created for the customer and internal users. Electronic bank statements are reconciled to program accounting software monthly. Aged payables are reviewed to identify those to begin collection process. Inquiries regarding specific invoices and payments are made using program accounting software. These can be either full reports or single inquiries.
- Process incoming and outgoing payments for pharmacies and injured workers. This includes receiving refund checks from pharmacies and maintaining a ledger to provide to the customer.
- For outgoing payments, this includes importing multiple files from a secure network into the accounting software, updating vendor files and creating payment batches, printing checks, their related remittance, and mailing. This also includes moving ACH payment files to the secure bank site for payment release to participating pharmacies.
- Ensure accuracy of daily/weekly accounting processes. Create and present weekly/monthly compliance reports and financial statements.
- Manage Client relationship and engagement.
- Audit contract and accounting deliverables. Develop standards and processes that support best accounting practices.
- Work closely with the Technology and Project Management groups on implementation of financial solutions into new operations platforms.
- Support new business initiatives such as; contribute to RFP review and response creation. Review RFP requirements ask questions for clarifications and identify requirements that are outside our usual scope.
What are the requirements?
- *Years of experience:
- At least three years accounting experience in an office setting.
Education:* Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Physical requirements:* General office demands
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Accounts payable experience
- Understanding of the general ledger
- Accounting principles
- Double entry accounting.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Leadership experience
How much should I expect to travel? Minimal
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.