Project Engineering Professional Senior
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skowhegan, ME 04976
Project Engineering Professional Senior
Jacobs serves the Chemicals, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, PharmaBio, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries\. We have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities, and our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients\. Jacobs provides full\-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments\. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility’s entire life cycle\.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for coordination of multiple small to large size design, engineering, procurement and construction management \(DEPCM\) Pulp & Paper industry projects including: leadership of all technical design and coordination, development of project scopes, estimates, schedule and budgetary performance tracking, design quality, and safety\.
Candidate interfaces with client operations, maintenance, engineering and follows projects from design inception, through installation, checkout and start\-up and works at client facilities\.
Drive targeted cost improvement strategies and support the development of budgets that minimize costs while ensuring results and develop forward\-looking plans to facilitate capital and operating improvements
The individual will expect to be placed in a position of presenting themselves and Jacobs to the client in a professional manner\. The opportunities will include leading design review presentations and ongoing project meetings, problem resolution, and effective team building\.
Lead and coach personnel on making safe and environmentally sound operating and technical decisions and plans to achieve defined performance measures
Lead efforts for proper organizational design and staffing levels\.
The successful candidate will have experience in project execution and design leadership, including client relationships, cost/schedule tracking, and knowledge of PMI principles\.
- 5 years of experience as a Design lead \(Instrument/Electrical\), Project Engineer, or Project Manager in a Pulp and Paper organization is desired
Bachelor’s degree \(BS,BS\-TECH\) in an electrical or instrumentation/ controls engineering discipline
- Experience in developing and executing capital projects, preferably in an Engineering & Construction environment/Pulp & Paper industry is preferred\.
- Travel required up to 10\-20% of the time depending on client requirements
- Must be able to effectively lead, coach and work with others, and in a Union environment\.
- Ability to effectively work with diverse groups including hourly employees, first\-line supervision, peers, managers, and senior leadership
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and work in a team environment
- CAD Experience a MUST \(AutoCAD 2018 Lite\)\. The individual will be required to do their own CAD Drawings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law\. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language \.
Job Project Management
Primary Location United States\-Maine\-Skowhegan\-US ME Skowhegan \- Sappi
Job Type Experienced
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: BIA00077X