Phlebotomist I - EMMC Campus
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04402
Northern Light Laboratory mission is to enhance the clinical care
delivery systems within EMHS by providing cost-effective, integrated
support services for EMHS members; pursuing profitable, sustainable
growth opportunities in both healthcare and non-healthcare markets; and
creating and delivering new products and services that provide a
tangible direct benefit to Northern Light Health.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Must have experience in specimen procurement through
completion of a comprehensive Phlebotomy training program-including a
clinical externship, or equivalent educational experience and on the job
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Maintains harmonious work relationships.
• Complies with policies/procedures
• Completes assigned duties within designated time
• Focus on a culture of safety, maintaining excellence in
quality customer service and patient care.
• Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with
patients, clients, and co-workers, by telephone or in person. Deals
with problems in a calm, professional manner.
a) Must maintain a professional courteous, respectful,
cooperative and positive nature when dealing with patients, clients,
physicians, etc. Must be willing to provide the highest level of
b) Communicates effectively to each other and to the supervisor;
provides constructive feedback in regard to improvement in our ability
to meet the goals of the shift/department/laboratory or organization as
All Northern Light Laboratory positions require flexibility, regular
attendance, the understanding that position responsibilities may vary at
times, the need to be receptive to additional responsibilities that may
be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor and the knowledge that
processes are subject to change per organizational growth. To Help
Northern Light Laboratory achieve its mission of service by carrying out
position responsibilities in a most competent, professional and caring
• Visual acuity to include color, depth perception and field
of vision with or without correction.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others,
to include phone and electronic equipment
• Sufficient auditory function to hear phones, pages,
instrument and/or system alarms and verbal communications.
• May be subject to sitting or standing for prolonged periods
• Moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or 10 pound constantly.
• Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, bending, walking,
stretching, grasping, repetitive motions.
• A busy, often times dynamic work environment
• Location – indoor, climate controlled, laboratory, hospital
or facility setting.
• Clean, well-lighted surroundings
• May have extensive computer/phone use
• Close proximity to co-workers
• Time sensitive service standards
• Maybe expose to hazardous and infectious materials and