Supervisor (Gas/Steam Turbines)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Supervisors will be in charge of the management of site activities including planning, organizing, integrating and monitoring of resources such as labor, tools and technical assistants as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements. Supervisor has extensive experience in the Repair/Maintenance/Operation of Power Generation (gas/steam turbines) and associated auxiliary equipment.
This position will supervise work to achieve high quality results on time with zero safety incidents
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team and ensure the safety, health, and welfare of all team members.
- Conduct daily inspections and testing and submit progress reports to the Engineer.
- Lead, monitor, and control daily progress to ensure the target plan is achieved with high quality on time and with zero safety incidents.
- Ensure that safety and health measures are adhered to on site with zero safety violations.
- Ensure all employees complete mandatory safety training.
- Ensure all personal protective equipment and other safety and first aid equipment are available in adequate numbers and in good operating conditions.
- Follow up on safety concerns or suggestions from the team and provide feedback.
- Initiate and review all JSAs with each foreman for the applicable area of responsibility.
- Review all safety violations or concerns immediately and implement corrective actions to prevent from occurring in the future.
- Supervise:Measurements for Mechanical Applications
Marking out for Mechanical Applications
Making and Fitting Mechanical Components
Assembly of Mechanical Components
Disassembly and Assembly of Heavy Rotating Equipment.
Test / Inspect / Troubleshoot Mechanical components and equipment.
Alignment and Line and Leveling of Mechanical Components
Maintenance of Mechanical Kit and Components
Understand and Read Mechanical Drawings
Slinging and Banksmen Duties .
Rigging Tackle Identification
the Application of the Correct Rigging Tackle (ie Capable of Safely Lifting the Specified Loads)
Safe Systems of Work and Method Statements.
lifting plans developed by the Appointed Person.
adherence to site safety requirements and local legislation.
Measurements for Electrical Applications
Making and Fitting Electrical Components
Assembly of Electrical Components
Maintenance of Electrical Kit and Components
Test / Inspect / Troubleshoot Electrical components and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 1 years of experience as a Supervisor or 3 years of experience as a Foreman
- High school diploma
- Demonstrated progressive, responsible experience with various types of turbine generator equipment and site accountabilities is required
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
- Expert level. Able to demonstrate Project Management Skills and Team Leader Skills.
- Possess expert skills and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- Good Customer relationship management experience
- Good Knowledge and experience practicing EHS and Quality Procedures
- Effective Communicator – works well in team environment
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website .
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law