Sr. Commissioning Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
This position reports to the Regional Manager, Field Services and this individual functions as the responsible electrical commissioning engineer on assigned projects and provides overall project planning, coordination and supervision of construction, commissioning and testing activities to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Act as resident engineer on projects of any magnitude.
- Interpret complex plans and specifications and apply available information to ensure that all project design requirements are satisfied.
- Takes a lead role in resolving construction problems, procedures, and methods through working with the customer and TRC engineering personnel, inspectors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Plan, perform and document the commissioning of various control and power circuits to ensure the intended operation and safety of equipment and personnel are met.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Prepare and/or monitor complex construction and commissioning schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Prepare and/or implement outage and energization plans, and detailed commissioning plans.
- Institute, direct and document changes to the work when required by differing site conditions.
- Conduct on-site design or investigation work to ensure adequacy of contractor’s methods. Evaluate contractor’s procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- May assist in the professional development, training, and evaluation of department personnel.
- Maintain familiarity with work rules applicable to various collective bargaining crafts employed on project.
- Valid driver’s license issued by state of residence and in good standing is required.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school or University is preferred; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificates, licenses, registrations — P.E. preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled