Power Delivery Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries.With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses:Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability digital platform.ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020.ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures.Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Lead Field technician, Power Delivery role provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives.In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Have hands on startup and repair of Power Delivery equipment as well as work with transformers, switchgear, OCBs, CB busways and large motors.Work directly with customers and GE sales / service team to identify new service opportunities, develop and issue proposals and execute work scope.
- Develop knowledge of engineering services, terms and conditions, and those of our customers and sub-contractors to minimize risk and ensure compliance.Plan, organize, and perform multifunctional field assignments in designated areas of expertise, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration.
- Plan, prepare, and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization.Perform administrative functions; such as writing field service reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheets, and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.Have knowledge of and conduct work activities in compliance with, the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy.
- Exercise good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of Company funds.Protect the Company’s capital investments by properly safeguarding and maintaining that equipment for which responsible.
- Make contributions to the continued development and refinement of IS Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof.
- Develop knowledge of Energy Services Terms and Conditions and those of customers and subcontractors, and perform activities so as to minimize risk and assure compliance.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships.
- Bachelor’s or Engineering with minimum of 2+ years of field experience working on large electrical equipment (eg low voltage breakers, medium voltage breakers, transformers, relays, switchboards).
- Familiar with NETA testing standards.Familiar with NEC standards.
- Able to preform insulation resistance, digital low ohm resistance, secondary injection for relays for overcurrent protection, power factor, winding resistance, primary resistance, turns ratio test.Safely use hand tools.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Technical skills in testing of power distribution and delivery to include Breakers, Switchgear, Relays and Transformers.
- Experience with Schweitzer, Basler, GE, Siemens, ABB, Eaton relays.Experience in drives, motors, and Programmable Logic Controllers.Experience in the repair and refurbishment of LV and MV circuit breakers.
- Knowledge of the Empire District Industrial customer base.US Military experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB Inc.
ABB Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: